The cornerstone of any great butchershop is great meat. And the only way to have great meat is to work with great ranchers. All of our ranchers breed and raise their animals with humane, natural practices, without the use of growth hormones, steroids or prophylactic antibiotics. Our beef and lamb are raised on open pasture, with no grain in their diet. Our hogs are raised on triticale grain that is raised on the farm, milled and blended weekly. We dry-age and break down whole carcasses fresh, to bring you the absolute freshest meats in the region. We are proud to partner with these magnificent ranchers.
PAYNE FAMILY FARMS
Founded in 1882, Mark and Kelly Payne are proud third-generation farmers, raising all-natural pork from farrow to finish continuously for over 130 years in Carlton, Oregon. They breed and raise their hogs sustainably and humanely, without the use of hormones, steroids or prophylactic antibiotics. All of their hogs are born and raised on the farm. Mark raises all of the grain that feeds their herd throughout the year -mainly triticale. He mills and blends the grain weekly, to ensure the highest nutrition of the grain and superior health in their herd. Their feed is 100% vegetarian and corn-free. Good hog ranchers should be good grain farmers.
130 year old family farm, continuously raising natural hogs since 1882
100% vegetarian, corn-free diet
No hormones, steroids or prophylactic anti-biotics
Feed is raised on farm, milled weekly
Humane raising practices
Bill and Sharon Hoyt are 5th generation ranchers, raising all-natural, 100% pasture-raised beef and lamb on the family ranch in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Their family has raised beef continuously in their natural program since homesteading the land in 1854. Their beef spend their whole lives grazing on open hillsides. They employ multi-species techniques, rotating beef, lamb, and goat through pastures in order to combat pests and increase soil health. Bill is always introducing new forage into the pastures, improving variety in the animals' diet, which benefits the health of the herd as well as the health of the soil. A good beef rancher is a good pasture farmer.
The natural life of the animals, as well as the variety in their diet help to make Hawley Ranch beef unmatched in depth of flavor as well as its superb texture. We couldn't be more proud to serve Hawley Ranch beef.
Hawley Ranch beef is:
- 100% Pasture-raised
- 100% grain-free diet
- 5th generation family ranch, continuously raising beef, naturally, since 1854.
- Raised without growth hormones, steroids or prophylactic anti-biotics
- 100% whole-carcass, dry-aged beef
MARY'S NATURAL CHICKEN
- Mary’s chickens are 100% pasture-raised, in small flocks, by hand. They live a nutral life on open ground. They are a robust breed, that can withstand year-round conditions.
- Mary’s Free Range Chickens is proud to be family owned and operated since 1954. Mary's son, David Pitman, is a third-generation Pitman farmer that leads the company today. David and his brothers have been taught by their father Rick, who learned from his father Don, about the importance of animal husbandry and our responsibility to protect the welfare of animals.
- The family built their own processing facility, to limit the travel to processing, and to improve the quality of processing the birds receive. Their air-chill method extends the shelf life of the meat, as well as the quality of crispy skin you get when roasting their birds!
- They are fed a 100% non-GMO, 100% vegetarian diet. They are also raised without hormones, antibiotics or steroids of any kind.